Standing an astonishing 10,124 pixels tall, the infographic covers the life of both Apple and Microsoft ever since the infamous 1984 ad campaign Apple launched to promote its brand-spanking new Macintosh computer.
Since then, Microsoft has become the mammoth company it is today by cornering the business computing market with the Windows operating system and Office suite of applications. The boys from Redmond have since branched out into all kinds of areas of technology with the Xbox 360 games console, Windows Mobile/Windows Phone 7 mobile OS and Zune music store being just a few of the areas Microsoft has branched into.
Of course Apple hasn’t exactly stood still either.
After almost folding in the mid 1990s, Apple has been almost phoenix-like in its rise from the ashes of its former self. Now one of the major players in mobile technology, thanks to the iPhone and iPad, Apple has also revolutionized the music industry with its iTunes music store – a store that arguably saved the music industry from both itself and a crippling piracy problem.
So below is the image in all its glory – make sure you are ready with a cup of coffee. It’s not a short read by any means, but one that we’re sure you’ll agree is worth the effort.
- How Apple and Microsoft are competing to provide true cross platform operating systems (studentsthoughts.wordpress.com)
- Infographic: Microsoft vs. Apple – The History of Computing (tuaw.com)
- Apple VS Microsoft.. The History Of Computing (Infographic) June 26, 2011 (netwidz.com)
- Apple Store Gets Trolled With Windows Logo (webpronews.com)
- Office Suit 365 will Lose on the Race? (morningtology.wordpress.com)
- Apple more profitable than Microsoft (zdnet.com)
- Which Tech Company are you most Aligned to? (ghacks.net)
- The iPhone turns four: Early predictions rewound (news.cnet.com)
- Windows for ARM and Touch Screens – Too Little, Too Late? (lockergnome.com)
- Final Cut Pro X = iOS (dovetailedlife.wordpress.com)