Block spam text messages on your wireless phone
About Spam Text Messages
Spam text messages are unsolicited and generally unwanted commercial advertisements sent to wireless phones via text or picture/video messaging. Often, the spam message announces that you have “won” something, enticing you to respond and collect your prize. The spammer’s intent is to get access to your personal data to sell to someone else (the equivalent of email “phishing”).
Spam Text messaging is a growing problem worldwide. AT&T is working to minimize spam.
If I get a spam text message, what should I do?
- Forward the spam message to the short code 7726 (SPAM) so that AT&T can start an investigation. If you receive a number of spam texts, we recommend putting 7726 into your contact list so that you do not need to remember the numbers.
- Do not respond directly to a phone number where you believe the spam text originated. Responding will alert the spammer that your number is genuine.
- You may receive other types of spam messages from email addresses that are converted into text messages or from short codes. These types of spam messages should also be reported to our 7726 service.
How do I forward a text message from my phone to 7726?
Forwarding methods will vary, depending on your phone.
- iPhone: Tap Edit. Tap to select the message, and then tap Forward. Enter 7726 in the To field of the message to forward. Tap Send.
- Android: Press the message (being careful not to activate a link), choose Forward (from the menu), and forward to 7726.
- Blackberry: Open the message, then using the Menu key, select Forward (from the menu), and forward to 7726.
- Windows: Press the message (being careful not to activate a link), choose Forward (from the menu), and forward to 7726.
For other devices, go to the Device How-to Center for instructions regarding forwarding text messages.
What can I do if I get charged for spam text messages?
If spam text messaging has become a problem for you, simply forward the message and we will work to resolve the issue. You will not be charged for forwarding spam messages to 7726. If you believe you’ve been charged for a spam text message, contact AT&T Customer Service at 1-800-331-0500. We will work with you to resolve the charge.
What is AT&T doing about the spam text messaging I receive on my cell phone?
AT&T is working minimize and prevent spam. AT&T was one of the first U.S. carriers to implement the 7726 (SPAM) reporting code, which allows customers to report unsolicited text messages to their carrier. AT&T has a fraud account team that continually monitors 7726 complaints from customers, actively investigating offenses and terminating accounts where there has been evidence of unsolicited text messaging.
Kevin at the Labs