Here’s a car that will get you back and forth to work on the cheap…….
$600 for the car.
258 miles per gallon…
Only a one seater however
Talk about cheap transportation …….
Volkswagen’s $600 car gets 258 mpg — It looks like Ford, Chrysler and GM missed the boat again!
China launches $600 car that will get 258mpg
This $600 car is no toy and is ready to be released in China next year.
The single seater aero car totes VW (Volkswagen) branding.
Volkswagen did a lot of very highly protected testing of this car in Germany, but it was not announced until now where the car would make it’s first appearance.
The car was introduced at the VW stockholders meeting as the most economical car in the world is presented.
The initial objective of the prototype was to prove that 1 liter of fuel could deliver 100 kilos of travel.
Spartan interior doesn’t sacrifice safety
The aero design proved essential to getting the desired result. The body is 3.47 meters long and just 1.25 meters wide, and a little over a meter high. The prototype was made completely of carbon fiber and is not painted to save weight.
The power plant is a one cylinder diesel positioned ahead of the rear axle and combined with an automatic shift controlled by a knob in the interior.
Safety was not compromised as the impact and roll-over protection is comparable to the GT racing cars.
The Most Economic Car in the World will be on sale next year:
Better than Electric Car – 258 miles/gallon: IPO 2010 in Shanghai
This is a single seated car
From conception to production: 3 years and the company is headquartered in Hamburg , Germany …
Will be selling for 4000 Yuan, equivalent to US$ 600..
Gas tank capacity = 1.7 gallons
Speed = 62 – 74.6 Miles/hour
Fuel efficiency = 258 miles/gallon
Travel distance with a full tank = 404 miles
- VW Reportedly Finishing Work on 95 MPG Diesel-Electric City Car (blogs.edmunds.com)
- VW headed to Nürburgring enduro with Golf24 racer (autoblog.com)
- Volkswagen’s 79-MPG Up Hatchback, But Only For Europeans (greencarreports.com)
- Report: VW developing 79 mpg Up! Blue-e-motion (green.autoblog.com)
- The 260 MPG VW You Can’t Buy – Yet (ridelust.com)
- Volkswagen’s 260 MPG Diesel Hybrid Coupe [Concept Cars] (jalopnik.com)
- Volkswagen to Unveil 235MPG Car at 2011 Qatar Motor Show (inhabitat.com)
- VW’s E-Up could herald electric age (autonetinsurance.co.uk)
- Mr Money: VW rewrites the rulebook with 313mpg car (telegraph.co.uk)
- Futurist Volkswagon XL1: 261 Miles per Gallon (cbsnews.com)