Wow, this is pretty Cool !
Four years since the iPhone’s debut Apple still favors the sealed battery design over the removable one that some folks have been clamoring for. Third Rail System has you covered with their new smart protective case. It would have been yet another everyday protective case with a soft-touch feel to it if it weren’t for an optional 1.4-ounce 1250 mAh lithium-ion battery that slides on on the back, providing your phone with additional power if you run out of juice mid-day. And due to the included micro-USB port, the case essentially doubles as a stand-alone, universal charger for most mobile gadgets (USB adapted included).
The battery is removable so you can slide it on when you need more power and remove it when you don’t. You can also check your power capacity with the push of a button. Plus, you can stack multiple Smart Batteries together to create a power hub that can be charged via a single adapter.
It’s an Apple-approved “Made for iPhone 4″ product that will set you back ninety bucks, which includes the case and a single slide-on battery. The case itself costs forty bucks and the battery is a $60 value. This is more than a worthy replacement for bulky permanent power cases and cumbersome external chargers, if you ask me
- Concord Keystone Introduces Battery Charger Holster Designed for iPhone 4 in White (prweb.com)
- An iPhone Battery Case That’s Also a Universal Power Pack for Portable Gadgets (technologizer.com)
- Third Rail iPhone case has detachable battery, probably won’t electrocute you (engadget.com)
- Finally! A Removable Battery For Your iPhone (AAPL) (businessinsider.com)
- Review: Third Rail Mobility Slim Case for iPhone 4 with Slide-on Smart Battery (ilounge.com)
- Review: iPhone Case Has Detachable Piggyback Battery [PICS] (fakeiitian.com)
- Review: iPhone Case Has Detachable Piggyback Battery [PICS] (mashable.com)
- Third Rail Mobility System: Slim Power. Kinda. [Lightning Review] (gizmodo.com)
- Third Rail System (coolhunting.com)