You must be aware that the present iOS 4.2.1 jailbreaking tool works best only on the older models like iPhone 3G and 3GS. While iPhone 4 and iPad users too may jailbreak using the available version of RedSn0w, these users will need to make do with a tethered jailbreak. That means, every time you need to reboot your device, you will need to plug the handset to a computer – something that is not very convenient if you are always on the move.
Earlier this month, we had heard from the iPhone Dev Team that an alternative untethered jailbreak solution was on the way and that this should be released before Christmas. Now, a couple of weeks later, we hear that the deadline still holds. In response to an iPhone owner, the iPhone Dev Team has responded,
“@scotty6kids78 it’ll be here by Xmas (not because we’re sitting waiting for Xmas, but because it’s achievable deadline)”
So there you have it. You have at least one more Christmas gift on its way.
- Report: iOS 4.2.1 Getting Untethered Jailbreak This Christmas (pocketnow.com)
- Has Steve Jobs made jailbreaking your iPhone/iPad too muchof a hassle? (zdnet.com)
- Untethered iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak is Coming (geniusgeeks.com)
- JailbreakMe: iOS 4.2.1 Untethered Jailbreak Release Before Christmas (crenk.com)
- Untethered iOS 4.2.1 jailbreaking workaround (reviews.cnet.com)
- “iPod Touch 4G, iPhone 4 Untethered Jailbreak Coming Soon [VIDEO]” and related posts (theappera.com)
- Jailbreak Apple TV on iOS 4.2.1 with PwnageTool (crenk.com)
- Untethered Jailbreak for iOS 4.2.1 (crenk.com)
- iPhone Dev Team Working on Downgrade for iOS 4.2.1 on iPhone 3GS and 3G (crenk.com)
- Untethered iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak on iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad Achieved (solidblogger.com)