Themes. Everyone likes themes. Unfortunately for iPhone users though the only way to theme an iDevice currently is to jailbreak your device and trawl through the hundreds, if not thousands of packages in Cydia. That’s where Theme It comes in according to RazorianFly.
Based around both an app coming soon to Cydia, and a companion website, Theme It intends to take the hassle out of theming your device. Unfortunately for the iOS purists, jailbreaking is still necessary.
Check out the teaser video below plus some direct quotes from the guys behind the best thing to come to the jailbreak scene since Cydia itself!
“A carefully designed platform (application and website) allowing focus on high-quality themes and also the artists behind the themes in a way that wasn’t possible before… it’s the Theme Store you’ve been dreaming of using.
With some of the best theme creators already on-board we can guarantee you’ll have access to amazing and exclusive content in an environment that’s sure to meet everyone’s needs. Focusing on high-quality, complete themes, the goal of Theme it isn’t to have a million themes in the gallery… but the best ones available.
The platform includes a very user-friendly website and an iPhone/iTouch application to showcase and distribute the themes with instant access to the information you really want, such as screenshots, details, compatibility and much more. You’ll also have the opportunity to learn a little more about the artists that create the themes you love and use. A section will be dedicated to these wonderful designers.”
- “Theme It” Store for Jailbroken Devices Released (macstories.net)
- Hands On with ThemeIt, New App Store for iPhone Jailbreakers (readwriteweb.com)
- Theme it iOS now out for jailbroken iPhones, customization made easy (downloadsquad.switched.com)
- Make Your iPhone Look Like an HTC (brighthub.com)
- Cydia Now Saves Your Jailbroken Apps For Later (pocketnow.com)
- Theme It brings a dedicated theme store to your jailbroken iPhone (thenextweb.com)
- Redsn0w 0.9.7 Untethered iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak with 4.1’s JB exploit: Monte to Unlock your Apple iPhone 4, iPad & iPod even as iPhone Dev Team works on iOS 4.3 Beta (devicemag.com)
- XBMC Now Available for Jailbroken iPhone and iPad [Video] (lifehacker.com)