If your network carrier doesn’t allow you to tether your 3G or EDGE connection from your iPhone to say your notebook, TetherMe is for you. Unlike MyWi which costs around $20 bucks, TetherMe enables native tethering option on all iPhones from iOS 3.x up to iOS 4.0.1.
TetherMe – iPhone 4
TetherMe dynamically enables native tethering for iOS 3.x and iOS 4.x+ devices. This should work on any carrier without the need for customized bundles or preferences.
TetherMe also bypasses signature checking and allows you to edit your carrier bundle manually if you so desire. This is required to enable MMS functionality on T-Mobile. TetherMe does not enable the loading of APN configuration from .mobileconfig profiles at this time.
TetherMe works by allowing tethering on any APN that is used for iPhone data. So as a result, your carrier should not charge you anything extra. TetherMe is available in Cydia for jailbroken iPhones under BigBoss repository for a mere $2. Once you have installed the app, reboot
your iPhone and then navigate to Settings –> General –> Network to enable or disable it.
Check out our iPhone Apps Gallery and iPad Apps Gallery to explore more apps for your iPhone and iPad.
You may also like to check out:
* How to Install Game Center App on iOS 4.x
* Turn Wi-Fi iPad into iPad 3G with MyWi App for iPhone
* Enable Wireless Tethering on iOS 4 iPhone with MyWi 4.0
* Enable iPhone 4 FaceTime Video Calls Over 3G with My3G !! [Jailbreak Required]
* Secure Your iPhone, iPod touch and iPad from PDF Exploit without Updating to iOS 4.0.2 / 3.2.2