There is finally a jailbreak for iPhone 3G [S], iPod Touch 3G, and iPod Touch 2G MC on the Mac. It is called Pneumonia created by @GreySyntax and @GRMrGecko. It is a Tethered jailbreak which means that you’ll need to use the application on your computer to boot your iDevice, you need to have iOS 3.1.2 to jailbreak, and this requires 10.4 or later.
Here are the steps you need to follow to jailbreak.
- Make sure you have ether 3.1.2 or 3.1.2 SHSH Blobs. If you don’t know if you have the blobs download http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/ and check if it can retrieve the blobs.
- Restore your iPod via iTunes to 3.1.2 (If your already on 3.1.2 you can skip this step.)
- Open The Firmware Umbrella and pressing Start TSS Server.
- Open Terminal, /Applications/Utilities/Terminal, and type in the following command and enter your administrator password
sudo /Applications/TextEdit.app/Contents/MacOS/TextEdit /etc/hosts
- Once the file, hosts, is open, add a return and paste this
- Open iTunes and restore by while holding down the option key and choosing the firmware for 3.1.2. If you do not already have, it you can download it from http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/.
- Download Pneumonia from Megaupload or NSPwn and open it and read the readme carefully so you understand that we are not responsible for any damage.
- Create / find a custom firmware created with Sn0wbreeze (ih8sn0w.com) that has the NOR flash disabled.
- Open both the Custom Firmware and the 3.1.2 Firmware.
- Once it’s done Verifying, click Next and let it decrypt and patch things
- When you get to the page to boot and/or prepare for restore. Make sure iTunes is quit, and click prepare for restore.
- Once it’s done running, open iTunes, click restore while holding down the option key, and choose the custom firmware.
- When the iDevice reboots, click boot in Pneumonia and wait for your iDevice to boot, once your iDevice boots, you are now jailbroken.
- Open Pneumonia.
- Choose the firmwares again and click next.
- Once that’s all done, hit boot and then your iDevice should boot.